Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Homesick

One year ago, today, I stepped foot on foreign soil for the first time in my life.


And fell in love.


I thought I would get homesick for the States every once in a while, but it turned out to be quite the contrary...

...I'm homesick for England!

After 4 weeks in the UK (a whole year ago though it be) I still find myself craving a full English breakfast and find myself looking for exits on the left hand side of the interstate.

We visited many beautiful places including Great Stukeley (where we lived most of the time), Huntingdon, Cambridge, Oxford, St Ives Huntingdonshire, Bath, Edinburgh Scotland, Bedford, Olney, Stratford-Upon-Avon and many, many more. We spent our last week in London which was a whole adventure of its own!

We made lots of wonderful memories and took lots of pictures (several thousand in fact.)

SPECIAL thanks to my grandparents for taking us on such an exciting adventure of a lifetime. 


St Ives, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, England, UK

I dearly hope and pray that my feet find themselves once again standing on the other side of the Pond some day. What a joy that would be.



~Emily


2 comments:

  1. This is the danger of travel. You fall in love with places and are never again quite content with staying at home. I believe wanderlust is a gift that God has given his church for the global advancement of the Gospel. Perhaps He's equipping you for the missionary life? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! Who knows where the Lord will lead :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from my viewers. :)